Moving forward this week with a more fun elegant style, that was pretty popular for dances and if done a little differently can be a fun wedding style! This week like I mentioned has been chalked full of styles, late night recording, finishing homework up, nursing baby, editing photos and so so much MORE.
Does the shot above of me poking through not remind you of the witch from sword and the stone haha! Ok ok.
Supplies: Teasing Comb | bobby pins | rubber bands |Dry shampoo or hair spray! (I meant to use some sort of texture spray and spaced it, hence why my hair looks extra shiny and clean… not that clean is bad but for this style didn’t hold well in the bun!)
Step 1: I start of braiding the front section into a fishtail braid and leave it for later.
2. I then begin teasing the crown section and twisting it back with a bobby pin.
3. I then pull everything into a pony tail and make one more wrap around pulling only half into the band and leaving half out. (I do this because my hair is long and it is easier to wrap the remaining section than put multiple rubber bands into the section)
4. Create any type of bun at this point. I pinned each side in alternating directions.
5. Back to the fishtail braid. Go and stretch the sections to give it a more elegant look.
6. Wrap hair up and around the bun and pin on the outer sides.
You are done!
We are also putting together a series of little girl styles that are quick and easy when you have that toddler that just won’t hold still long enough. Come back and check them out later on this month.
What styles do you try and can never figure out why they are not working? Braids? Updo’s? Curling not staying? I want to know! List them below!